Friday, June 1, 2012

Fishing For Love In All The Wrong Places




I was single and totally disillusioned with my life. I was tired of eating at home alone every night in my empty apartment. I did not have a ton of time on my hands to prowl bars. I did not have the finances to be out every night either, so I thought I should try a free online dating site. I had a friend who suggested that I give Plenty-Of-Fish a try. The same seemed weird to me, but I trusted my friend so I created a profile. I mean, there was nothing to lose but my time, because the site is pretty much free. To my way of thinking, it seems that plenty of fish is good at catching the fishermen, but not so good at helping the fishermen catch fish. Needless to say, I was not impressed with the matches that I got on that site. Maybe I should have been using worms for bait rather than me.

My first experience connecting with a man from POF started out okay. He said he was from France, and seemed genuine enough. I was excited about dating a French lover. On our first date, the first thing that he wanted to do was to go to his house for drinks. I was hungry and suggested that we go to dinner first. He very calmly sized me up and then said, “I am not interested in feeding your, I am only interested in having sex with you.” Well my response to that was, “Unless you want to be wearing your balls as a pair of earrings, take your filthy hands off me”.

My God, I could go on for many days telling you about the sleazy guys I met on plenty of fish. Pigs who tell you anything to get you in bed. From just plain liars to married men, to just mere perverts. The psychos that continue to call even after you tell them to go fly a kite, and threaten to call the police. There is even a Gaga video that shows POF being used in prison. From my experiences, I will bet money that prison inmates have full access to this site.

I have never seen a place before with such a concentration of liars and cheats. In my several months with POF I met over twenty guys in person. Most of them never got past the first date. A couple got to the second date but no farther. And it turns out that the only one with more potential than that confessed to be an illegal alien on the fifth date. I liked the guy, but with an agenda like that I could never be sure why he was interested in me. One way that I found to cull out a lot of them was to insist on going on video chat with them. I kept setting up throw away accounts on Hotmail just for that purpose. Many would not, and several who did should not have because they looked unkept, and nothing like their pictures. POF does have one good thing to say about it. If you are a bit short on looks, you will still get a lot of attention.

The end of the end with POF for me came after a date with a CPA that I met through them. He lived in an upscale condo in Manhattan. The date started out great, he took me too a great restaurant, he bought expensive wine, everything was top of the line. I had never went back to anyone's apartment before on a first date, but I made a rare exception in his case. Everything seemed to be on the up and up with him. He was attentive in his apartment as well. We listened to music while we talked and kissed and snuggled. It was so great!  Just at the point where I was beginning to think that I had finally found a keeper on POF, the axe fell. The creep got around to telling me that he wanted me to prance around his apartment naked wearing nothing but a horse tail butt plug. Well I picked up my purse and slugged him with it. Needless to say, I told him I have never been so disgusted in all my life and galloped out of the door.

It was then I realized that POF was not for me and deleted my profile. I was discouraged, and decided to never join another dating site.I was in the dumps about all of this and I promised myself that I would never do internet dating again. My friend felt bad about what had happened to me, so she looked around a bit on her own. She came back to me with a link that she discovered. Said that it had a bunch of recommended dating sites on it. She encouraged my to check it out to see if I could find a better site. “Boy was she right on the money this time!” It was incredible, there were so many links to so many dating sites I was in awe. I checked out a few of the sites and signed up on three. The nice thing was that all of these were free for women, but the men had to pay. That must help filter out a lot of the cretins, because it has been better. Anyway, it was a good move because now I am meeting men who are looking for longer term commitments rather than just a roll in the sack. I’m really enjoying my social life again, and I couldn't be happier.

Most dating sites are not bad, although the totally free ones tend to attract more riffraff I am told. Even the best dating sites will have a few bad apples in them. You have to be on your guard anywhere. With internet dating you have to practice safe hex before you practice safe sex. Some sites will take that little extra step in an effort to keep their site safe. Bad apples will always find away to slip in to any site though, so its up to you to be aware of this and to not give out to much private information.

So visit the link below. It has some great advice for online dating as well as lists of recommended dating sites. I think you will find what your looking for just like me. Good luck.

Online Dating Recommendations

No comments:

Post a Comment